About Us and Our Integrated Approach
WalterFedy has big plans for growth and we need the best talent to make it happen. We are established enough to have deep local roots, yet nimble enough to aggressively pursue our bold goals. We believe investing in our talent is critical to achieving these goals.
At WalterFedy we believe in True Teamwork. We have Architects, Civil Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Structural Engineers, Construction Managers, Energy Management specialists, and Facility Management specialists under a single roof and we are an industry leader in our approach to integrated building services.
This position will include a variety of responsibilities within the HR department including recruitment, training and development, employee relations and assistance with other HR-related projects. This role is suited for an individual who is interested in working as a team player and who will be a strong contributor to the HR team. This position is a 12-month contract.
What We Love
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated initiative, flexibility and self-motivation
- Previous experience working in a high-volume recruitment environment
- An interest in our culture, values and corporate vision!
What You Will Do
- Ownership of all recruitment activities for WalterFedy, which includes creating job postings, sourcing candidates, establishing contact with key recruitment firms, screening resumes, conducting interviews, and completing references
- Develop and maintain recruitment strategy, in consultation with HR Manager
- Provide consultation and coordinate with Team Leaders in areas of recruitment, selection and training process
- Coordinate and attend job fairs and any applicable networking/recruitment functions
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Actively participate and/or lead employee engagement initiatives
- Proactively identify and bring forth recommendations to enhance and improve current practices and procedures as required
- Actively engage with the production team in Hamilton, providing HR support and guidance
- Play an active role in maintaining the corporate training and development program
What We Need
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Human Resources-related role with a strong understanding of recruitment and talent development
- Post-secondary degree in a related field
- Preference will be given to candidates who are working on or have completed the CHRP designation
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong relationship building and partnering skills, and experience providing consultative human resources services to an internal team
- Ability to work in an environment with multiple priorities
- Previous experience with Applicant Tracking Systems and Microsoft Office products. Experience working with Dayforce is considered an asset.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel between both Kitchener and Hamilton locations
What We Offer
- Competitive salary plus performance-based bonus
- Three weeks’ vacation
- Reimbursement of annual dues for professional organizations
- Employee referral program
- Employee Social Club – employees attend a variety of recreational and cultural events
- Strong volunteer outreach to the community – we support Habitat for Humanity, Hockey Helps the Homeless, KidsAbility and many other organizations
Why Join Our Team?
We offer challenging and rewarding careers, and are committed to integrity and business ethics, with safety as a top priority. We promote a healthy balance between our employees’ professional and personal lives, taking time to appreciate our work and celebrate our achievements. To learn more about our company visit our website at www.walterfedy.com/about
How to Apply
Please apply on our website or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume, indicating the position you are applying for. Also, visit our website for other career opportunities: www.walterfedy.com.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of contact and provisions will be arranged.
Thank you for your interest in WalterFedy!
Location: Kitchener Office
675 Queen Street South, Suite 111
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, N2M 1A1