About Us and Our Integrated Approach
WalterFedy has big plans for growth and we need the best talent to make it happen. We are established enough to have deep local roots yet nimble enough to aggressively pursue our bold goals. We believe that investing in our talent is critical to achieving these goals.
At WalterFedy we believe in True Teamwork. We have architects, civil engineers, electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, structural engineers, construction managers, energy management specialists, and facility management specialists under a single roof and we are an industry leader in our approach to integrated building services.
Civil Engineering Services is seeking a motivated individual, who will be responsible for the overall leadership and management of projects of our civil engineering team, from inception through to completion. The Senior Civil Project Manager actively leads, directs, and manages land development and site plan projects with a forward thinking, solutions-based mindset on a daily basis to ensure customer and project team success.
What We Love
- Consistently leads by example with a true entrepreneurial spirit and a keen interest in Business Development opportunities.
- Excellent work ethic and a desire to succeed.
- Knowledge and experience in municipal, land and site development in the city of Hamilton.
What You Will Do
Project management within the Civil Engineering team, including management of overall project budgets, leadership, business development activities, scheduling and customer interface, including:
- Management of projects including project team staffing, budgets, scheduling and customer interface.
- Procure new projects and clients by identifying business development opportunities, understanding industry and development in the Hamilton Region.
- Solicit and obtain approval from customers of all project requirements, programs, goals, objectives and expectations.
- Obtain customer schedules and budgets, and structure the team effort to assure compliance with the contracted fees, schedule and hourly targets.
- Manage project execution by providing direction to the project team, appropriately scheduling time and acting as main point of contact between internal and external project teams.
- Manage project financials including invoicing, progress payment certificates, collecting accounts receivables and managing project budgets.
- Coordinate and/or conduct construction administration activities based on project scope and fees.
- Ensure timely completion of final project closeout for customer as well as internal procedures.
- Oversee conformance to the firm’s quality management system (Quality Assurance, coordination and customer service).
- Coordinate and manage work of various sub-consultants as needed on project specific requirements.
Business development activities for the team, including:
- Identifying, responding to and securing new business opportunities with new or existing customers.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with customers.
- Actively participating in industry and community organizations, including attendance at events.
Leadership within the team, including:
- Assisting and supporting staff forecasting activities and planning, including interviewing, hiring and training new staff.
- Mentoring staff in a motivational environment and conducting professional development and performance reviews.
- Bachelor Degree, or College Diploma, in Civil Engineering.
- Designation as a P. Eng. or C.E.T. in Ontario.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in a consulting engineering or municipal environment, preferably in Ontario.
- Understanding of the Site Plan review process.
- Technical understanding of applicable government technical standards and general engineering practices, processes, and legislative regulations.
- Strong project management skills combined with experience in local and arterial roadway design, stormwater management and environmental assessments and report writing.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of municipal engineering design criteria to the design of roadworks, storm water management systems, sanitary sewer collection systems, and water distribution systems.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating, liaising and managing professionals that are typically part of project teams.
- Demonstrated project management and business development ability. Driven to provide project delivery excellence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for interaction with customers and project teams.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills for the development and coaching of team members.
- Consistently leads by example and sets high standards for planning and efficiency.
- Excellent work ethic and desire to succeed.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary plus performance-based bonus.
- Three weeks’ vacation.
- Reimbursement of annual dues for professional organizations.
- Employee referral program.
- Employee social club – employees attend a variety of recreational and cultural events.
- Strong volunteer outreach to the community – we support Habitat for Humanity, Hockey Helps the Homeless, KidsAbility and many other organizations.
Working Conditions and Safety
In this role, you will work within the company safety policies and procedures, and adhere to any applicable federal or provincial legislation.
Standard hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., and some overtime hours may be required from time to time. Ability to travel away from the office is required to assist and attend on-site project meetings.
Why Join Our Team?
We offer challenging and rewarding careers, and are committed to integrity and business ethics, with safety as a top priority. We promote a healthy balance between our employees’ professional and personal lives, taking time to appreciate our work and celebrate our achievements. To learn more about our company visit our website at: www.walterfedy.com
How to apply
Please apply using the link at the top of this page, or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume, indicating the position you are applying for.
Thank you for your interest in WalterFedy!
Location: Hamilton Office
20 Hughson St S,
Hamilton, ON L8N 2A1