Role At a Glance
Interested in shaping your community? Civil Engineering Services is seeking a motivated individual who will be responsible for the overall leadership of land and site development projects from inception through design, construction, and certification.
The Senior Civil Land Development Project Manager uses a forward-thinking, solutions-based mindset daily to ensure customer and project team success. The individual should enjoy being client facing strengthening external relationships, and growing the business, in addition to leading project design work and team members.
You’ll Love This Role If
- You enjoy exercising your entrepreneurial spirit to identify opportunities to grow the business.
- You are creative and like being part of a high-energy team that supports each other.
- You appreciate opportunities to advise clients and help them see the hidden potential in their projects.
- You are excited by the chance to mentor the next generation of civil engineering professionals.
What You Will Do
Project management within the Civil Engineering team consists of managing overall project budgets, leadership, business development activities, scheduling, and customer interface. Responsibilities include:
- Managing project execution by providing direction to the project team, appropriately scheduling time, and acting as the main point of contact between internal and external project teams.
- Providing technical leadership for projects or design tasks which may include sanitary and storm sewers, watermain, stormwater management, earthworks, and roadworks.
- Managing multiple projects including successful project delivery, scope management, budgeting time and financials, and conducting quality assurance.
- Procuring new projects and clients by identifying business development opportunities and understanding the industry and development in various geographic areas.
- Soliciting and obtaining approval from customers of all project requirements, programs, goals, objectives, and expectations.
- Managing project financials including invoicing, progress payment certificates, collecting accounts receivables, and managing project budgets.
- Coordinating and conducting construction and contract administration activities based on project scope and fees.
- Ensuring timely completion of final project closeout for the customer as well as internal procedures.
- Staying current with regulatory policies and standards, and establishing and maintaining working relationships with regulatory officials.
- Overseeing conformance to the firm’s quality management system (Quality Assurance, coordination, and customer service).
- Coordinating and managing the work of various sub-consultants as needed on project-specific requirements.
Business development activities for the team include:
- Identifying, responding to, and securing new business opportunities with new or existing customers.
- Developing project scope, budget, and design strategy for projects and preparing proposals and negotiations for project contracts.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with customers.
- Actively participating in industry and community organizations, including attendance at events.
Leadership within the team, including:
- Assisting and supporting staff forecasting activities and planning, including interviewing, hiring, and training new staff.
- Mentoring staff in a motivational environment and conducting professional development and performance reviews.
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor's Degree, or College Diploma, in Civil Engineering.
- Designation as a P. Eng. C.E.T. or LET in Ontario.
- Minimum 8 years of experience progressive experience in a consulting engineering or municipal environment, preferably in Ontario.
- Understanding of the Land Development and Site Plan review process.
- Technical understanding of applicable government technical standards and general engineering practices, processes, and legislative regulations.
- Strong project management skills combined with experience in sewer and roadway design, stormwater management and environmental assessments and report writing.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of municipal engineering design criteria to the design and construction of roadworks, stormwater management systems, sanitary sewer collection systems, water distribution systems, and earthworks.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating, liaising, and managing professionals that are typically part of project teams.
- Demonstrated project management and business development ability. Driven to provide project delivery excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for interaction with customers and project teams.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills for developing and coaching team members.
- Consistently leads by example and sets high standards for planning and efficiency.
- You have excellent work ethic and a desire to succeed.
- You possess knowledge and experience in land and site development in Southwestern Ontario including Hamilton, Niagara, Brantford, Guelph, Waterloo Region, Oxford County, and surrounding areas. Municipal experience would be an asset.
Life at WalterFedy
We are a people-first organization that embraces a hybrid work strategy. This approach gives our team the autonomy and flexibility to choose what work environment mix is best for them based on their role, team, clients, and personal needs.
As one of Ontario’s leading multi-discipline design and construction collectives, our ambition goes beyond great design – we are here to enhance the world around us. To make it happen, we need a team of agile, ambitious, and big-picture thinkers who share our drive to harness our collective talents to do something bigger.
Our team is made up of the industry's best. We share a common commitment to questioning the ordinary, infusing everything we do with creativity, and challenging our industry to redefine what’s possible.
Join us as we move past working for a living, and toward building better communities with smart, influential design.
How to Apply
Please apply here or use the link at the top of this page with your resume and cover letter. You will be redirected to our internal application platform.
WalterFedy strives to create a culture of inclusivity and diversity. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including those from groups traditionally underrepresented in the workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity hiring practice and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, creed, national origin, citizenship, status, age, sex, gender identity/expression, marital or domestic partnership status, or disability.
Should you require accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact email@example.com or call 519-576-2150.
Thank you for your interest in WalterFedy!