About Us and Our Integrated Approach
AEC Developments is a dynamic, integrated construction management firm located in Kitchener, Ontario. We are wholly owned by the same partners as WalterFedy, functioning as a sister company. AEC Developments Inc. was designed to meet a growing need for a streamlined project delivery approach.
By integrating the owner, designer and constructor into a construction project in a more collaborative manner, we ensure seamless and successful delivery of challenging and time-sensitive projects.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading and developing the team of Construction/Project Managers in AEC Developments. You will take the lead on managing complex projects as well as the rest of the responsibilities outlined below.
You will leverage your team in project management and estimating to enable them to achieve excellence in design, project management, people management and overall profitable business management. This role requires the ability to provide exceptional service to internal and external clients with a fully integrated and forward-looking approach.
You will also work in tandem with the Business Unit Leader (President) to further the strategic direction and goals set out by the Board of Directors.
What You Will Do
- Participate in negotiation of major contracts with our clients and sub-contractors
- Oversee and promote quality control procedures for quality, budget and schedule objectives
- Continually improve staff performance in terms of technical capability in the areas of construction/project management
- Implement and maintain the PM Best Practices Program for AEC Developments
- Assist in building relationship and working partnerships with key sub-contractors
- Approve pricing, estimating and scoping for proposed projects
- Ensure that all practice activities and operations are carried out in compliance with applicable regulations and laws
- Act as company steward internally and externally to promote brand awareness, values and reputation through community involvement and industry participation
- Use personal network and team-building skills to prepare winning proposals and conduct successful presentations
- Provide leadership through all phases of construction including managing project teams’ daily construction activities and contracts, maintaining QA/QC requirements, developing business relationships and directing all technical aspects of construction projects and teams
- Assist in supervising, mentoring and recruiting team members including Project Managers, Assistant Project Managers, Project Coordinators and Superintendents; manage performance reviews, cultivate relevant job skills and provide resources to encourage personal and professional development
- Proactively identify risks and needs of the projects and teams; develop and implement strategic solutions; lead staff allocation and planning
- Develop strong relationships among staff, clients, partners, sub-contractors and more; build trust throughout these interactions while exceeding client and team satisfaction
- Assist in developing short and long-range business objectives and targets for AEC Developments to meet the corporate strategic plan
- Identify and track project risks across the company portfolio and report to the Business Unit Leader
What We Need
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a Project or Construction Manager
- University degree or college diploma in a relevant field
- Understanding of project delivery models (Construction Management, Stipulated Sum, Design-Build)
- Ability to solve problems as they arise, understand complex issues and exercise sound judgement
- Proactive mindset with an excellent ability to prioritize workload
- A solid understanding of building construction methods and details
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong team building and leadership skills
- Ability to address and resolve conflict and manage risk
- Ability to work with all levels (from the trades to the owner) in a productive and professional manner
- GSC, PMP, and LEED AP accreditations would be considered an asset
What We Offer
- Competitive salary plus performance-based bonus.
- Three weeks’ vacation.
- Reimbursement of annual dues for professional organizations.
- Employee referral program.
- Employee social club – employees attend a variety of recreational and cultural events.
- Strong volunteer outreach to the community – we support Habitat for Humanity, Hockey Helps the Homeless, KidsAbility and many other organizations.
Working Conditions and Safety
Standard hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., and some overtime hours may be required from time to time. The ability to travel away from the office is required to assist and attend on-site project meetings. In this role, you will work within the company safety policies and procedures, and adhere to any applicable federal or provincial legislation.
Why Join Our Team?
We offer challenging and rewarding careers, and are committed to integrity and business ethics, with safety as a top priority. We promote a healthy balance between our employees’ professional and personal lives, taking time to appreciate our work and celebrate our achievements. To learn more about our company visit our website at builtbyaec.com/about.
How to Apply
Please apply through our internal system with your cover letter and resume, indicating the position you are applying for.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of contact and provisions will be arranged.
Thank you for your interest in WalterFedy!
Location: Kitchener Office
675 Queen Street South, Suite 111
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, N2M 1A1