About Us and Our Integrated Approach
WalterFedy has big plans for the future and we need the best talent to make it happen. As a multi-discipline architecture, engineering, and construction firm, the business is always evolving. Our team needs to be agile, ambitious, and persistent in the pursuit of our shared goals.
We have a long history in the Waterloo Region, but that doesn’t mean we’re old fashioned. We strive to push the envelope, think differently, and address everything we do with creativity. When we consistently approach projects in inventive ways, clients get better results, our team thrives, and we challenge our industry to redefine what’s possible.
At WalterFedy, collaboration is a key part of our identity. With so many talented professionals under one roof, you’ll find cross-discipline support for your projects is always within reach. Our team is made up of the industry’s best architects; civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers; technologists; energy and carbon specialists; asset and facility management specialists; construction managers; and corporate services professionals. Together, we’re building better communities with smart, influential design.
Civil Engineering Services is seeking a motivated individual, who will be responsible for the overall leadership and management of projects of our civil engineering team, from inception through to completion. The Senior Civil Project Manager actively leads, directs, and manages land development and site plan projects with a forward-thinking, solutions-based mindset on a daily basis to ensure customer and project team success.
What We Love
- Consistently leads by example with a true entrepreneurial spirit and a keen interest in Business Development opportunities.
- Excellent work ethic and a desire to succeed.
- Knowledge and experience in municipal, land and site development in the city of Hamilton.
What You Will Do
Project management within the Civil Engineering team, including management of overall project budgets, leadership, business development activities, scheduling and customer interface, including:
- Management of projects including project team staffing, budgets, scheduling and customer interface.
- Procure new projects and clients by identifying business development opportunities, understanding industry and development in the Hamilton Region.
- Solicit and obtain approval from customers of all project requirements, programs, goals, objectives and expectations.
- Obtain customer schedules and budgets, and structure the team effort to assure compliance with the contracted fees, schedule and hourly targets.
- Manage project execution by providing direction to the project team, appropriately scheduling time and acting as the main point of contact between internal and external project teams.
- Manage project financials including invoicing, progress payment certificates, collecting accounts receivables and managing project budgets.
- Coordinate and/or conduct construction administration activities based on project scope and fees.
- Ensure timely completion of final project closeout for the customer as well as internal procedures.
- Oversee conformance to the firm’s quality management system (Quality Assurance, coordination and customer service).
- Coordinate and manage the work of various sub-consultants as needed on project-specific requirements.
Business development activities for the team, including:
- Identifying, responding to and securing new business opportunities with new or existing customers.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with customers.
- Actively participating in industry and community organizations, including attendance at events.
Leadership within the team, including:
- Assisting and supporting staff forecasting activities and planning, including interviewing, hiring and training new staff.
- Mentoring staff in a motivational environment and conducting professional development and performance reviews.
What We Need
- Bachelor's Degree, or College Diploma, in Civil Engineering.
- Designation as a P. Eng. or C.E.T. in Ontario.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in a consulting engineering or municipal environment, preferably in Ontario.
- Understanding the Site Plan review process.
- Technical understanding of applicable government technical standards and general engineering practices, processes, and legislative regulations.
- Strong project management skills combined with experience in local and arterial roadway design, stormwater management and environmental assessments and report writing.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of municipal engineering design criteria to the design of roadworks, stormwater management systems, sanitary sewer collection systems, and water distribution systems.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating, liaising and managing professionals that are typically part of project teams.
- Demonstrated project management and business development ability. Driven to provide project delivery excellence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for interaction with customers and project teams.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills for the development and coaching of team members.
- Consistently leads by example and sets high standards for planning and efficiency.
- Excellent work ethic and desire to succeed.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary plus performance-based bonus.
- Three weeks’ vacation.
- Reimbursement of annual dues for professional organizations.
- Employee referral program.
- Employee social club – employees attend a variety of recreational and cultural events.
- Strong volunteer outreach to the community – we support Habitat for Humanity, Hockey Helps the Homeless, KidsAbility and many other organizations.
Why Join Our Team?
We offer challenging and rewarding careers, and are committed to integrity and business ethics, with safety as a top priority. We promote a healthy balance between our employees’ professional and personal lives, taking time to appreciate our work and celebrate our achievements. To learn more about our company visit our website at www.walterfedy.com
How to apply
Please apply above through our internal system with your cover letter and resume, indicating the position you are applying for.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of contact and provisions will be arranged.
Thank you for your interest in WalterFedy!
Location: Hamilton Office
20 Hughson St S,
Hamilton, ON L8N 2A1