Role At a Glance
In this client-facing role, you will be responsible for the overall leadership and management of projects, primarily in the Industrial sector, from inception through completion. This role will actively lead, direct and manage projects with a forward thinking, solutions-based mindset on a daily basis to ensure customer and project team success. You will have the authority to speak for the firm in dealing with the customer in all routine matters associated with the project.
You will also collaborate with clients to understand and manage their expectations. You will monitor project performance and manage the internal team to ensure successful project delivery. This role will focus on Architecture/project management of various sized Industrial projects ranging from $50,000 to $50,000,000 in construction value in the areas of Automotive, Pharmaceutical, Food and Logistics.
You'll Love This Role If
- You are ambitious in your pursuit to be the best
- You get the importance of paying attention to detail without losing sight of the big picture
- You embrace progressive change, out-of-the-box thinking, and working in a high-energy environment
What You Will Do
- Provide support to the Architectural Manager on all phases of building design projects as required
- Prepare creative, functional, and innovative designs for clients
- Preparation of detailed architectural designs and specifications
- Manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment; actively participating in the entire project life cycle from RFP response and preliminary design to the execution and close-out
- Actively participate and oversee the entire project life cycle from preliminary services through project implementation, providing leadership, client input/feedback, and general direction
- Work with the design team (within the architecture studio and across our engineering disciplines), developing and monitoring design strategies for building construction to ensure efficient and sustainable project delivery
- Support and maintain existing customer relationships, and develop new relationships with clients, industry affiliates, engineers, technologists, technicians, and construction personnel
- Manage all aspects of client relationship, including meeting with clients, progress reporting, and the resolution of issues as required
- Coordinate the preparation of specifications and drawings and cost estimates, ensuring they meet established project criteria and applicable standards
- Assist Team Leaders in maintaining and further developing standards related to our architectural practice, ensuring best practices for project management and delivery
- Be aware of and effectively use current and new design and project management technology
- Prepare reports, proposals, budgets, project plans, schedules, and other supporting documentation
- Communicate the necessary safety training and/or requirements expected of the project team, and facilitate additional safety training as required
- Ensure Team Leaders have followed Quality Management protocols
- Monitor project budget hours and project schedule, and take corrective action as required
- Mentor staff in a motivational environment in areas of project management, team building, efficiency, and customer relations
What You Bring to the Table
- Technical education in Architecture (B.Arch. or M.Arch.)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is desired
- Working knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Sketchup and other tools necessary to convey creative ideas
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the design of industrial projects
- Previous supervisory and project management experience in a consulting environment
- Excellent knowledge of Canadian/Ontario and other relevant codes and standards (i.e. OBC, ESC, CSA, IES, IEEE, NFPA, ASHRAE)
- Excellent communication, time management and multi-tasking skills, with a strong emphasis on attention to detail
- Strong interest and experience in business development, project proposals and feasibility studies
Life at WalterFedy
As one of Southwestern Ontario’s leading integrated architecture, engineering, and construction firms, WalterFedy and our sister company, AEC, both play a leading role in shaping the way our communities feel and function – it’s an amazing responsibility.
Our ambition goes beyond great design – we’re here to enhance the world around us. To make it happen, we need a team of agile, ambitious, and big-picture thinkers who share our drive to harness our collective talents to do something bigger.
Our team is made up of the industry's best. We share a common commitment to question the ordinary, infuse everything we do with creativity and challenge our industry to redefine what’s possible.
Join us as we move past working for a living, and toward building better communities with smart, influential design.
How to Apply
Please apply with your resume and cover letter using the link at the top of this page. You will be redirected to our internal application platform.
WalterFedy strives to create a culture of inclusivity and diversity. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including those from groups traditionally underrepresented in the workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity hiring practice and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, creed, national origin, citizenship, status, age, sex, gender identity/expression, marital or domestic partnership status, or disability.
Should you require accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact email@example.com or call 519-576-2150.
Thank you for your interest in WalterFedy!