Role At a Glance
Reporting to the COO, the Corporate Executive Assistant is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the Board of Directors and Leadership Team. This position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
You’ll Love This Role if
- You are customer service focused
- You work well independently and within a team environment
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills
What You Will Do
- Support the Board of Directors: arrange and handle all logistics for Board and Shareholder meetings and events, schedule meetings, draft agendas, develop, compile and distribute presentation materials, and record meeting minutes on behalf of Board Chair
- Provide sophisticated calendar management for the Leadership Team: prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts, make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the Leadership Team’s ability to effectively lead their teams, including assisting with special projects and event planning, designing and producing complex documents, reports and presentations, collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties, composing and preparing correspondence, maintaining contact lists, and making travel arrangements
- Work closely with the Leadership Team to keep them well-informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
- Other projects/duties as needed
What You Bring to the Table
- Strong ability to execute work with a diversity, equity and inclusion lens
- Significant executive support experience, including supporting C-level executives
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office with the ability to design and edit graphic presentations and material
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- A high degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people including Board members, senior leaders, staff and community leaders
- Excellent judgement and prioritization skills
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks, manage conflicting deadlines and projects with little or no guidance
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Ability to learn and anticipate the needs of Board Members and Leadership Team
- Ability to communicate with others on behalf of the Board Chair and Leadership Team
- Self-directed, able to take ownership and see projects to completion in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong customer service orientation
- Available to attend occasional meetings and events outside of core business hours
Life at WalterFedy
As one of Southwestern Ontario’s leading integrated architecture, engineering, and construction firms, WalterFedy and our sister company, AEC, both play a leading role in shaping the way our communities feel and function – it’s an amazing responsibility.
Our ambition goes beyond great design – we’re here to enhance the world around us. To make it happen, we need a team of agile, ambitious, and big-picture thinkers who share our drive to harness our collective talents to do something bigger.
Our team is made up of the industry's best. We share a common commitment to question the ordinary, infuse everything we do with creativity and challenge our industry to redefine what’s possible.
Join us as we move past working for a living, and toward building better communities with smart, influential design.
How to Apply
Please apply with your resume and cover letter using the link on this page. You will be redirected to our internal application platform.
WalterFedy strives to create a culture of inclusivity and diversity. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including those from groups traditionally underrepresented in the workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity hiring practice and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, creed, national origin, citizenship, status, age, sex, gender identity/expression, marital or domestic partnership status, or disability.
Should you require any accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-576-2150.
Thank you for your interest in WalterFedy!