About Us and Our Integrated Approach
WalterFedy has big plans for the future and we need the best talent to make it happen. As a multi-discipline architecture, engineering, and construction firm, the business is always evolving. Our team needs to be agile, ambitious, and persistent in the pursuit of our shared goals.
We have a long history in the Waterloo Region, but that doesn’t mean we’re old fashioned. We strive to push the envelope, think differently, and address everything we do with creativity. When we consistently approach projects in inventive ways, clients get better results, our team thrives, and we challenge our industry to redefine what’s possible.
At WalterFedy, collaboration is a key part of our identity. With so many talented professionals under one roof, you’ll find cross-discipline support for your projects is always within reach. Our team is made up of the industry’s best architects; civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers; technologists; energy and carbon specialists; asset and facility management specialists; construction managers; and corporate services professionals. Together, we’re building better communities with smart, influential design.
In this client-facing role, you will be responsible for the overall leadership and management of projects, primarily in the Industrial sector, from inception through completion. This role will actively lead, direct and manage projects with a forward-thinking, solutions-based mindset on a daily basis to ensure customer and project team success. You will have the authority to speak for the firm in dealing with the customer in all routine matters associated with the project.
You will also collaborate with clients to understand and manage their expectations. You will monitor project performance and manage the internal team to ensure successful project delivery. This role will focus on Architecture/project management of various sized Industrial projects ranging from $50,000 to $50,000,000 in construction value in the areas of Automotive, Pharmaceutical, Food and Logistics.
What We Love
- You are relentless in your pursuit to be the best
- You are a big picture thinker who understands how to effectively listen to clients and build consensus
- You sweat the details in your commitment to meet our client’s high expectations
- You embrace progressive change, out-of-the-box thinking, and working in a high-energy environment
- You are proactive, constant and consistent with your communication to both our client and our project team
What You Will Do
- Provide support to the Architectural Manager on all phases of building design projects as required
- Prepare creative, functional and innovative designs for clients
- Preparation of detailed architectural designs and specifications
- Manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment; actively participating in the entire project life cycle from RFP response and preliminary design to the execution and close-out
- Actively participate and oversee the entire project life cycle from preliminary services through project implementation, providing leadership, client input/feedback and general direction
- Work with the design team (within the architecture studio and across our engineering disciplines), developing and monitoring design strategies for building construction to ensure efficient and sustainable project delivery
- Support and maintain existing customer relationships, and develop new relationships with clients, industry affiliates, engineers, technologists, technicians and construction personnel
- Manage all aspects of the client relationship, including meeting with clients, progress reporting and the resolution of issues as required
- Coordinate the preparation of specifications and drawings and cost estimates, ensuring they meet established project criteria and applicable standards
- Assist Team Leaders in maintaining and further developing standards related to our architectural practice, ensuring best practices for project management and delivery
- Be aware of and effectively use current and new design and project management technology
- Prepare reports, proposals, budgets, project plans, schedules and other supporting documentation
- Communicate the necessary safety training and/or requirements expected of the project team, and facilitate additional safety training as required
- Ensure Team Leaders have followed Quality Management protocols
- Monitor project budget hours and project schedule, and take corrective action as required
- Mentor staff in a motivational environment in areas of project management, team building, efficiency and customer relations
What We Need
- Technical education in Architecture (B.Arch. or M.Arch.)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is desired
- Working knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Sketchup and other tools necessary to convey creative ideas
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the design of industrial projects
- Previous supervisory and project management experience in a consulting environment
- Excellent knowledge of Canadian/Ontario and other relevant codes and standards (i.e. OBC, ESC, CSA, IES, IEEE, NFPA, ASHRAE)
- Excellent communication, time management and multi-tasking skills, with a strong emphasis on attention to detail
- Strong interest and experience in business development, project proposals and feasibility studies
What We Offer
- Competitive salary plus performance-based bonus.
- Three weeks’ vacation.
- Reimbursement of annual dues for professional organizations.
- Employee referral program.
- Employee social club – employees attend a variety of recreational and cultural events.
- Strong volunteer outreach to the community – we support Habitat for Humanity, Hockey Helps the Homeless, KidsAbility and many other organizations.
Why Join Our Team?
We offer challenging and rewarding careers, and are committed to integrity and business ethics, with safety as a top priority. We promote a healthy balance between our employees’ professional and personal lives, taking time to appreciate our work and celebrate our achievements. To learn more about our company visit our website at www.walterfedy.com/about
How to Apply
Please apply above through our internal system with your cover letter and resume, indicating the position you are applying for.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of contact and provisions will be arranged.
Thank you for your interest in WalterFedy!
Location: Kitchener Office
675 Queen Street South, Suite 111
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, N2M 1A1
Location: Hamilton Office
20 Hughson St. S
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, L8N 2A1