About Us and Our Integrated Approach
WalterFedy has big plans for growth and we need the best talent to make it happen. We are established enough to have deep local roots yet nimble enough to aggressively pursue our bold goals. We believe that investing in our talent is critical to achieving these goals.
At WalterFedy we believe in True Teamwork. We have architects, civil engineers, electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, structural engineers, construction managers, energy management specialists, and facility management specialists under a single roof and we are an industry leader in our approach to integrated building services. This role will provide you with an opportunity to develop as a Senior Project Architect while also allowing you to work towards developing a unique skill set as an expert in integrated design.
The Architectural Project Manager is one of the firm’s representatives responsible for the overall leadership and management of a project from inception through completion. This role will actively lead, direct, and manage projects with a forward thinking, solutions-based mindset on a daily basis to ensure customer and project team success. They will have the authority to speak for the firm in dealing with the customer in all routine matters associated with the project.
What You Will Do
- Actively participates and oversees the entire project lifecycle from preliminary services through project implementation, providing leadership, client input/feedback and general direction.
- Works with the design team (within the architecture studio and across our engineering disciplines), developing and monitoring design strategies for building construction to ensure efficient and sustainable project delivery.
- Supports and maintains existing customer relationships, and develops new relationships with clients, industry affiliates, engineers, technologists, technicians and construction personnel.
- Manages all aspects of client relationship, including meeting with clients, progress reporting and the resolution of issues as required.
- Coordinates the preparation of specifications and drawings and cost estimates, ensuring they meet established project criteria and applicable standards.
- Assists Team Leaders in maintaining and further developing standards related to our architectural practice, ensuring best practices for project management and delivery.
- Is aware of and effectively uses current and new design and project management technology.
- Prepares reports, proposals, budgets, project plans, schedules and other supporting documentation.
- Communicates the necessary safety training and/or requirements expected of the project team, and facilitates additional safety training as required.
- Ensures Team Leaders have followed Quality Management protocols.
- Monitors project budget hours and project schedule, and takes corrective action as required.
- Mentors staff in a motivational environment in areas of project management, team building, efficiency and customer relations.
What We Need
- Technical education in Architecture (B Arch or M Arch)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is desired.
- Working knowledge of Autocad and Revit.
- Minimum of 7+ years’ experience in the design of institutional, commercial and industrial projects.
- Previous supervisory and project management experience in a consulting environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Canadian/Ontario and other relevant codes and standards (i.e., OBC, ESC, CSA, IES, IEEE, NFPA, ASHRAE).
- Excellent communication, time management and multi-tasking skills, with a strong emphasis on attention to detail.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary plus performance-based bonus.
- Competitive vacation.
- Reimbursement of annual dues for professional organizations.
- Employee referral program.
- Employee social club – employees attend a variety of recreational and cultural events.
- Strong volunteer outreach to the community – we support Habitat for Humanity, Hockey Helps the Homeless, KidsAbility and many other organizations.
Why Join Our Team?
We offer challenging and rewarding careers, and are committed to integrity and business ethics, with safety as a top priority. We promote a healthy balance between our employees’ professional and personal lives, taking time to appreciate our work and celebrate our achievements. To learn more about our company visit our website at www.walterfedy.com/about
How to Apply
Please apply above through our internal system with your cover letter and resume, indicating the position you are applying for.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of contact and provisions will be arranged.
Thank you for your interest in WalterFedy!
Location: Kitchener Office
675 Queen Street South, Suite 111
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, N2M 1A1
Location: Hamilton Office
20 Hughson St S,
Hamilton, ON L8N 2A1