About Us and Our Integrated Approach
WalterFedy has big plans for growth and we need the best talent to make it happen. We are established enough to have deep local roots yet nimble enough to aggressively pursue our bold goals. We believe that investing in our talent is critical to achieving these goals.
At WalterFedy we believe in True Teamwork. We have architects, civil engineers, electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, structural engineers, construction managers, energy management specialists, and facility management specialists under a single roof and we are an industry leader in our approach to integrated building services. This role will provide you with an opportunity to develop as a Senior Civil Project Manager – Municipal while also allowing you to work towards developing a unique skill set as an expert in integrated design.
Reporting to the Civil Business Unit Leader, the Senior Civil Project Manager - Municipal will be responsible for the overall leadership and management of municipal projects of our civil engineering team, from inception through to completion. The Senior Civil Project Manager - Municipal actively leads, directs, and manages municipal projects with a forward-thinking, solutions-based mindset on a daily basis to ensure customer and project team success.
What We Love
- Consistently leads by example and sets high standards for planning and efficiency.
- Excellent work ethic and a desire to succeed.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of municipal engineering design criteria to the design of roadworks, stormwater management systems, sanitary sewer collection systems, and water distribution systems.
What You Will Do
- Project management within the Civil Engineering team, including management of overall project budgets, project team staffing, scheduling and customer interface, including:
- Soliciting and obtaining approval from our customers of all project requirements, programs, goals, objectives and expectations prior to preparing deliverables at milestone dates and effectively advising project team accordingly.
- Obtaining customer schedules and budgets and structuring the team effort to assure compliance with the contracted fees, schedule and hourly targets.
- Monitoring applicable project team hours for accuracy and time effectiveness and ensuring project staff is accountable both for their budget hours and schedule as well as those of the customer.
- Coordinating and managing the work of subconsultants as needed on a project-specific basis.
- Coordinating, monitoring and reviewing for completeness all construction budgets and cost estimates.
- Coordinating and/or conducting construction administration activities based on project scope and fees.
- Ensuring timely completion of final project closeout for the customer as well as internal procedures.
- Overseeing conformance to the firm’s quality management system (Quality Assurance, coordination and customer service).
- Business development activities for the team, including:
- Identifying, responding to and securing new business opportunities with new or existing customers.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with customers.
- Actively participating in industry and community organizations, including attendance at events.
- Leadership within the team, including:
- Assisting and supporting staff forecasting activities and planning, including interviewing, hiring and training new staff.
- Mentoring staff in a motivational environment and conducting professional development and performance reviews.
What We Need
- Bachelor Degree, or College Diploma in Civil Engineering.
- Designation as a P. Eng. or C.E.T. in Ontario.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in a consulting engineering or municipal environment, preferably in Ontario.
- Strong project management skills combined with experience in local and arterial roadway design, stormwater management and environmental assessments and report writing.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating, liaising and managing professionals that are typically part of project teams.
- Demonstrated project management and business development ability. Driven to provide project delivery excellence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for interaction with customers and project teams.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills for the development and coaching of team members.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary plus performance-based bonus.
- Three weeks’ vacation.
- Reimbursement of annual dues for professional organizations.
- Employee referral program.
- Employee social club – employees attend a variety of recreational and cultural events.
- Strong volunteer outreach to the community – we support Habitat for Humanity, Hockey Helps the Homeless, KidsAbility and many other organizations.
Working Conditions and Safety
Standard hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., and some overtime hours may be required from time to time. Ability to travel away from the office is required to assist and attend on-site project meetings.
In this role, you will work within the company safety policies and procedures, and adhere to any applicable federal or provincial legislation.
Why Join Our Team?
We offer challenging and rewarding careers, and are committed to integrity and business ethics, with safety as a top priority. We promote a healthy balance between our employees’ professional and personal lives, taking time to appreciate our work and celebrate our achievements.
How to Apply
Please apply using the link at the top of this page, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume, indicating the position you are applying for.
Thank you for your interest in WalterFedy!
Location: Hamilton Office
20 Hughson St S,
Hamilton, ON L8N 2A1