About Us and Our Integrated Approach
WalterFedy has big plans for growth and we need the best talent to make it happen. We are established enough to have deep local roots, yet nimble enough to aggressively pursue our bold goals. We believe investing in our talent is critical to achieving these goals.
At WalterFedy we believe in True Teamwork. We have architects, civil engineers, electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, structural engineers, construction managers, energy management specialists, and facility management specialists under a single roof and we are an industry leader in our approach to integrated building services. This role will provide you with an opportunity to develop as an Electrical Engineer while also allowing you to work towards developing a unique skill set as an expert in integrated design.
This role is for an experienced electrical engineer who has strong interpersonal skills and is looking to grow their business development and leadership skills and experience.
This role includes elements of client interaction, project management, as well as technical design With your solid design knowledge of power distribution, lighting and building systems, you will work closely with our clients and internal teams to coordinate projects from inception through to completion. You will also have the opportunity to participate in design for a variety of projects and project types and to provide mentorship for more junior electrical engineers and designers.
What We Love
- You are ambitious in your pursuit to be the best.
- You get the importance of paying attention to detail without losing sight of the big picture.
- You embrace progressive change, out-of-the-box thinking, and working in a high-energy environment.
What You Will Do
- Interacts with clients throughout project delivery.
- Supports project management and assists in the supervision of electrical and multi-discipline projects and to meet client deliverables, budgeting, and timelines.
- May include scheduling and co-ordination of production activities and quality assurance review of project designs.
- Completes technical analysis and preparation of corresponding reports for applicable projects.
- Prepares construction cost estimates for projects at various submission stages for client budgeting.
- Develops concept, schematic and developed designs for electrical project scope, including lighting, power and systems instructions.
- Prepares schematic and developed design reports to supplement submissions.
- Completes technical audits of existing facilities and preparation of corresponding reports.
- Surveys existing conditions as required for renovation projects.
- Co-ordinates electrical and telecom service supply requirements with utility companies.
- Completes electrical service and distribution systems calculations and equipment selection, including demand loading, fault current assessment, protective device co-ordination and ESA review package documentation.
- Oversees lighting design (indoor and outdoor) including fixture, lamp, ballast selection and lighting calculations to IES standards.
- Conducts electrical systems design for building code compliance including life safety (fire alarm, emergency/exit lighting) and resource conservation (lighting selection, lighting controls, mechanical equipment services).
- Co-ordinates electrical installation and space need with other design team members.
- Perform site investigations and progress reviews during construction.
- Participation during Construction Administration Field Review and project closeout stages.
What We Need
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills to interact with clients.
- Experience in design or managing projects in a consulting engineering environment.
- Minimum of 7+ years’ experience in the design of institutional, healthcare, commercial and industrial electrical engineering projects.
- Excellent knowledge of Canadian/Ontario and other relevant codes and standards (i.e., OBC, OESC, CSA, IES, IEEE, NFPA).
- Aptitude for team leadership would be considered an asset, in the development and coaching of team members.
- Familiarity with different construction procurement methods would be considered an asset (Design-Build, Public Private Partnership, Integrated Project Delivery).
- Some time on site assisting with existing building information gathering may be required.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary plus performance-based bonus.
- Three weeks’ vacation.
- Reimbursement of annual dues for professional organizations.
- Employee referral program.
- Employee social club – employees attend a variety of recreational and cultural events.
- Strong volunteer outreach to the community – we support St. Matthew’s House, Food4Kids Hamilton, KidsAbility and many other organizations.
Working Conditions and Safety
Standard hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., and some overtime hours may be required from time to time. Ability to travel away from the office is required to assist and attend on-site project meetings.
In this role, you will work within the company safety policies and procedures, and adhere to any applicable federal or provincial legislation.
Why Join Our Team?
We offer challenging and rewarding careers, and are committed to integrity and business ethics, with safety as a top priority. We promote a healthy balance between our employees’ professional and personal lives, taking time to appreciate our work and celebrate our achievements. To learn more about our company visit our website at www.walterfedy.com/about
How to Apply
Please apply above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume, indicating the position you are applying for. Also, visit our website for other career opportunities: www.walterfedy.com.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of contact and provisions will be arranged.
Thank you for your interest in WalterFedy!
20 Hughson Street, 10th Floor
Canada, L8N 2A1