Role At a Glance
As a member of our Enterprise Technology team, the Project Manager & Business Analyst is an individual who thrives on understanding business needs and fashioning tech-driven solutions to support organizational change and growth. In this role, you will be a vital translator and connector, assessing user needs, paring them with technological capability, and working with our team and partners to execute the solution. This role is best described by our firm’s Action Statement: See the Vision. Explore What’s Possible. Make it Happen.
You’ll Enjoy This Role If
- You like to think creatively and collaborate with peers and stakeholders to deliver solutions to our internal clients
- You like to define project needs and develop steps to execute them with the freedom to get the job done
- You like finding ways to leverage tech to create operational efficiencies
- You're up for a challenge and will jump in to lend a hand in areas that may be outside of your wheelhouse
What You Will Do
- Your efforts will help us embrace technology, improve our systems, and enhance our processes
- Leverage your experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required
- Successfully manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Collaborate with developers to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability, performance, and scope
- Act as the liaison between the business units/customers, technology teams and support teams through which requirements flow
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements, BRDs, use cases, screen and interface designs, data flow diagrams, workflow diagrams, etc.
- Lead the verification and management of requirements throughout the project
- Assist with the definition and continuous improvement of BA processes and interactions with other IT areas
- Direct and manage all phases of the project from inception to completion to ensure on-time delivery
- Assemble and coordinate project team members and assign individual responsibilities
- Monitor and control all project activities, issues, change requests and risks
- Plan and oversee the preparation and dissemination of all project communications including updates to the master project portfolio and project calendar
What You Bring to the Table
- Strong customer service and communication skills with great EQ
- Attention to detail, organizational, and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into the application and operational requirements
- Good knowledge of enterprise data/information, technology systems, MS SQL databases
- Expert project manager with experience with enterprise-level deployments for VDI, CRM and other line of business applications
- Experience with Microsoft 365 including office suite, SharePoint, PowerBI, and PowerAutomate.
- Minimum 5 years of project management and/or business analysis experience, ideally in a Professional Services firm.
- Education or equivalent experience in technology fields such as Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Engineering or Management Sciences
- A basic understanding of the AEC industry business operations is an asset
Life at WalterFedy
As one of Southwestern Ontario’s leading integrated architecture, engineering, and construction firms, WalterFedy and our sister company, AEC, both play a key role in shaping the way our communities feel and function – it’s an amazing responsibility.
Our ambition goes beyond great design – we’re here to enhance the world around us. To make it happen, we need a team of agile, ambitious, and big-picture thinkers who share our drive to harness our collective talents to do something bigger.
Our team is made up of some of the industry's best. We share a common commitment to questioning the ordinary, infusing everything we do with creativity and challenging our industry to redefine what’s possible.
Join us as we move past working for a living, and toward building better communities with smart, influential design.
How to Apply
Please apply with your resume and cover letter using the link on this page. You will be redirected to our internal application platform.
WalterFedy strives to create a culture of inclusivity and diversity. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including those from groups traditionally underrepresented in the workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity hiring practice and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, creed, national origin, citizenship, status, age, sex, gender identity/expression, marital or domestic partnership status, or disability.
Should you require accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact email@example.com or call 519-576-2150.
Thank you for your interest in WalterFedy!