Surveyor – Civil
posted in: Engineering, Job Listings
- Receive survey request and plan field work and data processing. Obtain control data and other information required for completion of field work.
- Undertake field work as one person survey crew (with assistant on jobs where necessary) utilizing robotic total station and/or GNSS equipment. Follow established standards for point coding, connectivity, etc. Complete work on municipal servicing and building construction sites.
- Download, file, and process data into an initial base plan including feature symbols, connectivity, symbol scaling, contours, etc.
- Extract, compile, and upload data from digital drawings for control and layout purposes.
- Field check base plan to confirm completeness and accuracy. Undertake additional survey work when necessary to confirm or augment data.
- Dip manholes, valve boxes, chambers and other structures, and document with forms and photos for use in base plan compilation and detailed design.
- Field check various installed structures and features during construction to confirm location, quantity, etc.
- Coordinate work with field staff, project manager, design, and other staff involved in the project.
- Maintain survey equipment and field vehicle in good condition, and ensure scheduled maintenance and repairs are completed when and as required. Recommend equipment and software upgrades and replacements to improve quality and efficiency of work.
- Estimate survey timelines and costs, and prepare information summary for project proposals.
- Develop and improve survey planning and field procedures to enhance efficiency and final product.
- Assist with inspection on municipal or building construction sites when available.
- Other project tasks (quantity takeoff, CAD).
- Various tasks as assigned by the field Team Leader.
- Graduate of 2 or 3 year college Civil Technology program including courses in surveying.
- Eligible for certification by OACETT.
- 3+ years field experience.
- Familiar with survey job estimation, planning, and proposal preparation.
- Experience in pre-engineering detail and topographic, construction layout, and cross-section surveying.
- Experience in data download and upload, data processing, and initial base plan preparation.
- Experience with Civil 3D, Word, Excel.
- Familiarity with inspection of municipal servicing construction.
Why Join Our Team? We offer challenging and rewarding careers, and are committed to integrity and business ethics, with safety as a top priority. Develop your career alongside established professionals in the field, in a team environment. We promote a healthy balance between our employees’ professional and personal lives, taking time to appreciate our work and celebrate our achievements. To learn more about our company, visit our website at: www.walterfedy.com
Standard hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm; Travel to and from meetings as required.
Time on site may be required.
Please note that only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Apply to this position:
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the position you are applying for. Also, visit our website for other career opportunities: www.walterfedy.com
Thank you for your interest in WalterFedy!