Role at a Glance
As a member of the Structural team, this position is responsible for providing technical leadership for structural aspects of single and multi-disciplinary projects while successfully managing project resources and schedules, and maintaining a high standard of quality. You will be responsible for working directly with clients to ensure their needs are met and coordinating with other design disciplines as required. This role provides the opportunity to develop your technical and business skillset and requires a commitment to providing clients with practical, creative solutions.
You’ll Love This Role If
- You are ambitious for professional growth and a willingness to learn and challenge the status quo
- You get fulfilment from creative structural designs, problem-solving, and seeing your ideas being built
- You enjoy building and nurturing long-lasting client relationships
- You value multi-discipline collaboration and feedback
What You Will Do
- Work as a key member on our outstanding team of experienced engineers and technologists
- Use your structural engineering experience and practical knowledge to deliver a variety of projects including new building design, renovations, assessments, and reports within the Institutional, Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Healthcare sectors – taking responsibility as a Professional Engineer for the design and completion of the project
- Plan, execute and control the project scope, schedule and quality through all phases from initial feasibility through preliminary design/definition, detailed design, and construction. Your supervision and integration within the project team will drive the overall project progress to achieve top performance from yourself, team members and exceptional deliverables
- Prepare and review structural designs, calculations, analysis models, drawings and reports, and coordinate the structural work with other disciplines and team members, including in-house integrated teams and external consultants
- Visits sites for general review of structural work for new construction or for preparation of structural assessments of existing buildings
- Provide technical coaching to project team members, and support junior team members with mentorship as they advance as structural engineers
- Deliver work to accurate, high-quality work while meeting project scope requirements, deadlines and financial targets
- Engage new and existing external clients to build, maintain and develop relationships
- Travel within Canada occasionally for site assessments and site support
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a focus on Structural Engineering, Master’s degree in Structural Engineering is preferred
- Licensed as Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with the PEO, or immediately eligible to do so
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a structural consultant
- Experience with design of steel, concrete, masonry, and wood structures, seismic design and the OBC
- Experience with structural design software (such as ETABS, SAP,SAFE, RISA, Revit)
- Strong working knowledge of building systems and other building disciplines and how they interact with structures
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to work with people at all levels including project stakeholders and clients
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and deliverables on an ongoing basis
- Strong attention to detail and the abiklity to think big picture
Life At WalterFedy
We are a people-first organization that embraces a hybrid work strategy. This approach gives our team the autonomy and flexibility to choose what work environment mix is best for them based on their role, team, clients, and personal needs.
As an innovative multi-discipline design and construction collective, our ambition goes beyond great design – we are here to enhance the world around us. To make it happen, we need a team of agile, ambitious, and big-picture thinkers who share our drive to harness our collective talents to do something bigger.
Our team is made up of the industry's best. We share a common commitment to questioning the ordinary, infusing everything we do with creativity, and challenging our industry to redefine what’s possible.
Join us as we move past working for a living, and toward building better communities with smart, influential design.
How to Apply
Please apply with your resume and cover letter using the link on this page. You will be redirected to our internal application platform.
WalterFedy strives to create a culture of inclusivity and diversity. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including those from groups traditionally underrepresented in the workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity hiring practice and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, creed, national origin, citizenship, status, age, sex, gender identity/expression, marital or domestic partnership status, or disability.
Should you require any accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact email@example.com or call 519-576-2150.
Thank you for your interest in WalterFedy!